Wednesday, March 5, 2014

LIFE IN THE FAST LANE

First I want to say...

HAPPY BELATED GIRLS DAY!

Wow I really lost track of the time here.  Didn't realize it has been so long since I've posted.  Life has just been busy I guess.  All my social media was ignored for at least 4 days.  I got a lot done though.  Refrigerator and freezer are stuffed to the gills  We only need to go out for milk, ice and to refill our bottled water.

Bottled water.  Ok here is a small rant.  When I was living in Arizona there were water and ice stores all over the place.  You could refill your large water containers with pure water run through a reverse osmosis system (important for taking the fluoride out) and usually buy some ice cream or other frozen treat.  they were relatively inexpensive, like a buck for 5 gallons of water.  The tap water in AZ wasn't too bad.  I would run it through a Brita and it was fine to drink but Daddy says no fluoride.  Here where we are, even when I run the water through the filter pitcher, it has all kinds of crud in it.  I made the kids stop drinking it.  That said there are two...2...TWO  places to refill your water containers here!  They are both within a mile of each other on the other side of town.  Lately one or both have been out of order when I go to refill, meaning I have to buy already bottled water at nearly a buck a gallon!  Sighs, makes no sense.  If i had money I'd think about opening one of those water stores here.  Ok end of rant.

I might pay a bit extra for these in my glass too!


I found out that my performing alter ego's website has been taken down.  She was lucky enough to be able to piggyback off someone else's site but I guess they decided not to renew.  So I have been checking into various web hosting sites and finally decided on one.  I am now the owner of two of my own domains but need to get to work to build the sites.  I am not nor have ever been trained in website design or programming.  I am self taught and so will be doing this by trail and error.  One site is for my performing and writing.  I sing and write under different names although my fans know both of them.  The other site is for me personally.  I will move my virtual assistant site there and I am looking at opening an Etsy shop and will make an extension on my own site for some things.  I guess I need to read Etsy's policies first.  That has kept me busy the last few days.

Today we finally got all our new cell phones also.  Yay no more horrendous bills!  So of course we had to program contacts and download all the apps.  It is the boys' first smart phone and they are going nuts but they had to learn to use them today.  If you are not a huge user, check out Zact.com.  I am impressed by their structure.  It is inexpensive and you only pay for what you use pretty much.  I am saving at least $100/mo off my bill and we now have 3 smart phones.  Yay us!

Good thing I've been busy because my Daddies have not been around much the last few days.  They had a good friend pass last week.  He was young, only 27 years old and they think it was a blood clot that migrated from his leg to his heart.  So they have been busy with the arrangements and taking care of the family then the wake this weekend.  To make things worse they are both sick with some stomach crud.  So I've seen and heard very little from them.  I miss them.  Yeah I'm high maintenance in that regard.  I require frequent contact and reassurance.

Ok I've procrastinated enough.  I was supposed to start looking at building my site but it's almost 2 am.  I guess I'll take a quick look then head to bed.

Smoochie says to get my butt in there because it is FREEZING!

::: (\_(\
*: (=’ :’) :*
•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»   Baby C

1 comments:

larsturms said...

Your post about Water has valid points....

I recently purchased this Brita water filter faucet and I am extremely pleased. You can see the difference almost immediately. Great product. Will recommend 100%.


http://naturalwater.com

Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System puts healthier, great-tasting water, right on your tap. Not only do BPA-free Brita® systems attach to your sink minutes without tools, they're 40% more space efficient than the leading faucet mount system and feature easier, 1-click filter replacement

•Reduces lead, particulates, chlorine taste and odor (Substances reduced may not be in all users' water).
•Chrome finish
•Easy to install; no tools needed
•BPA-free with standard filter indicator
•Includes 1 filter which can replace 750 standard 16 ounce water bottles


http://www.naturalwater.com/?p=1575

Post a Comment